If in doubt

It can be difficult to interfere in other people's relationships. However, the obligation to notify applies to all of us - including you. Even if a child is with professionals such as educators and teachers on a daily basis, you may have other observations and experiences with the child. Therefore, give the child the benefit of the doubt, notify the Child Welfare Services and let them assess the matter.

A note of concern in time can help to ensure that the problems are solved before they become too big. Keep in mind that a note of concern does not necessarily result in the child being taken out of the home. An assessment of the situation is made in each individual case, and a notification often results in measures being taken in the child's home to help with the situation.


How to send a note of concern

What happens?