Main Child Protection Committee
The Main Child Protection Committee (in Faroese: Føroya Kærustovnur) deals with certain cases in connection with the child welfare committees work around the country, among other things, when decisions have to be made in:
• all matters relating to custody and visitation rights;
• cases concerning the right to free legal assistance;
• enrollment to family treatment sites;
• cases where consent to place a child in institution or foster care has not been obtained for the holder of parental authority; and
• cases where children from the age of 15 and above have not given consent to be placed in foster care or institution.